Monday, February 9, 2009

Ginger Bread Houses




so much exchange
of self-interest
goods in excess
from foreign halls
we want it all
but make not our own bed

give me this for that
and put out your welcome
mat when a neighbor
comes by to say hello
charge him $20 for the stay

It's all commerce
the American way
building family values
with ginger bread houses
we'll eat it all
don't forget the bed
get yours before i do


I'm not sure when I wrote this, but I'm pretty sure it was 2004-ish. Luckily, many of my writings have survived all of my moves. My collections begin in 1996 while in college at Baker University and randomly cover personal thoughts, subtle observations and some social commentary.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog.

    Your art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete