Friday, February 27, 2009

On Top of A Hill



Through the lens of my camera I now live on a one lane paved country road with tall evergreens in the front yard. Through my eyes there are Blue Mountains in the distance with leafless tree covered mountains just before. The air is cold and the windy gusts send me deeper within my new winter jacket and the gray scarf made by Victoria.

The clouds cleared only for an hour or two today, only the first or second time since relocating. To say that it is "gloomy" or "dreary" would not be incorrect, yet without the negative feeling attached. Off the back patio I look down and see leaf free grass. There are so many trees lining the perimeter of each property I can only imagine the effort that went into clearing the yards of all the leaves. Feeling the wind makes me think there were natural forces to help with this effort... on the top of the hill.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post! just discovered your blog on the ETSY thread - come visit "me" at:
    http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I love the art in your Etsy shop too, especially the trees and circles!

    ♥ xtine
    http://stuffbyxtine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete