Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Out the back door


Just beyond the back door of the house in Raymore, MO where I once lived, sits a lonely field. Development swallowed it's neighbors to the East and North and on it's Western border is 71 HWY. It won't be long before this peaceful pasture of the past becomes a street, a lawn and a building site.

Within one square foot of this peaceful land I found hundreds of beautifully inspiring natural arrangements.

One day these images will be the only reminder of what once was... a visual eulogy.

I sat and watched through the lens of my camera as the wind blew this plant into and out of focus while snapping shots in different locations... frozen movement.





to the west

A place I will not soon forget.



©scott garrette 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment